It is a non-aromatic herb. The leaves of this plant are succulent, oblong and 4–6 mm (0.16–0.24 in) thick. Leaves are oblanceolate and are arranged oppositely (opposite deccusate) on the stem. The flowers are small, actinomorphic and white, with four to five petals. Its ability to grow in water makes it a popular aquarium plant. It can even grow in slightly brackish conditions. Propagation is often achieved through cuttings
HISTORY AND FOLKLORE
Brahmi is a popular ayurvedic herb that has been revered in India for over 3,000 years. Traditionally, it was used as a brain tonic to support memory, learning, and concentration. The herb is a powerful rejuvenator that assists with mental activity, brain functioning and overcoming feelings of nervousness or restlessness. In ancient ayurvedic literature, Brahmi was used by scholars and students to help with memorizing lengthy Vedic texts. Due to its calming and nurturing properties, Brahmi is also very useful for highly stressful work or study environments.
USES AND PREPARATION
Brahmi capsules promotes mental fitness, good memory & alertness. Also known as Gotu Kola, Brahmi is one of the world’s most powerful adaptogens. Brahmi improves mental clarity, overall well being & boosts energy, without adverse side effects.
- Improves Creative Intelligence and Imagination
- Improves Learning, Concentration and Memory
- Organic Brahmi improves circulation, relieves venous insufficiency
- Effective in the treatment of herpes simplex
- Improves the functioning of the central nervous system
- Complements modern treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and paralysis
- Bacopa monnieri, a plant commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine, has an age-old reputation for being an effective and powerful herb helpful for memory and combating stress. Bacopa monnieri, known to most as Brahmi, acts as an adaptogen; which means it helps the body adapt to new or stressful situations.
- Brahmi has been shown to increase the utilization of nitric oxide in the body and also appears to encourage vascular muscle function, two benefits that positively influence normal blood pressure.
Anxiolytic, tonic, hypolipidemic, rejuvenative, nervine, sedative, 5 and adaptogenic. 7
Specific: Not for use in pregnancy except under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
General: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.