ORGANIC COTTON SEED OIL
BOTANICAL NAME: Gossypium arboretum
Organic Cottonseed oil is a cooking oil extracted from the seeds of cotton plants species, Gossypium arboretum. It is obtained from organically cultivated cotton seed by cold pressed method.
History of Cottonseed Oil: Cotton has been around since ancient times and it has been found that people from 3500 BC wove cotton into cloth. This was evident from pieces of cloth from the Indus Valley Civilization that were found by archaeologists. As centuries passed, more research was conducted to find how cotton can be used in other ways. It was found that the oil extracted from the seeds of cotton plants could be used for cooking. More studies found that cottonseed oil is one that has quite a few health benefits.
Major Uses of Cotton Seed Oil :
Cottonseed oil falls under the vegetable oil category and is considered one of the most popular cooking oils in kitchens all over the world. It is used in a variety of ways such as dressing for salads and deep-frying numerous food items.
Major benefits of Cotton Seed Oil:
- It contains a high amount of antioxidants which are essential for good health.
- It is also rich in Vitamin E, which like antioxidants, is important in fighting free-radicals.
- Cottonseed oil is low in cholesterol which makes it a great choice for those who want to lower their cholesterol levels.
- This oil is great for deep-frying as it is known to enhance the flavour of fresh foods instead of hiding them, unlike some other oils.
- It is considered better for baking as it is not as heavy as other oils.
- It has high oxidation-resistance which makes it ideal to be used for salad dressings.
- Cottonseed oil is processed specially for a vast range of applications in the manufacture of foods and is known to be a good substitute for cocoa butter in confectionery.
- It can be used in rotation with other oils such as canola oil, groundnut oil, etc. as part of a healthy diet.
- The light texture of this oil makes it great for cosmetic use, making it a common ingredient in creams, lotions, etc.
- It has a light, neutral taste that is loved by people who do not like oils with strong flavours.
METHOD OF EXTRACTION
This oil comes packaged in plastic bottles and Glass Bottles.
Food and cosmetic use
MRT gives the products which are grown under the stringent organic standards of NPOP, NOP and EU certification by LACON, Germany