Organic Star Anise:
Illicium verum is a medium-sized native evergreen tree of north-east Vietnam and south-west China. A spice commonly called star anise, star anise seed, Chinese star anise or badiam that closely resembles anise in flavor is obtained from the star-shaped pericarp of the fruit of Illicium velum which are harvested just before ripening. Star anise oil is a highly fragrant oil used in cooking, perfumery, soaps, toothpastes, mouthwashes, and skin creams. About 90% of the world’s star anise crop is used for extraction of shikimic acid, a chemical intermediate used in the synthesis of oseltamivir.
- Exotic anise spice carry some of the important plants derived chemical compounds that are known to have been anti-oxidant, disease preventing, and health promoting properties.
- The main essential volatile oil that gives the characteristic sweet, aromatic flavor to anise seed isanethole. Other important compounds found in these seeds include estragol, p-anisaldehyde, anise alcohol, acetophenone, pinene and limonene.
- Anise seed oil obtained from extraction of the seeds has been found application in many traditional medicines asstomachic, anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, carminative, digestive, expectorant, stimulantand tonic
- The seeds are an excellent source of many essential B-complex vitamins such aspyridoxine, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin. Pyridoxine (vitamin B-6) helps increase GABA neuro-chemical levels in the brain.
- The spicy seeds are one of important source of minerals like calcium,iron, copper, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium. 100 g dry seeds contain 36.96 mg or 462% daily required levels of iron. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure.
MRT gives the products which are grown under stringent organic standards of NPOP, NOP and EU certification LACON, Germany.
Retail packing available: 100gm
Bulk packing available: 25kg / 50kg