Flaxseed is the seed from the plant Linum usitatissimum. Oil from the seed is used to make medicine.
People try flaxseed oil for many different conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis and high cholesterol. It is also tried for treating osteoarthritis, anxiety, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), vaginal infections, dry eyes, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Some people use flaxseed oil as a laxative for constipation, for weight loss, and to prevent breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Flaxseed oil is also applied to the skin to sooth irritations or soften roughness.
In foods, flaxseed oil is used as cooking oil and in margarines.
In manufacturing, flaxseed oil is used as an ingredient in paints, varnishes, linoleum, and soap; and as a waterproofing agent.
Flaxseed oil is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid. The alpha-linolenic acid and related chemicals in flaxseed oil seem to decrease inflammation. That is why flaxseed oil is thought to be useful for rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory (swelling) diseases.
• Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). There is some evidence that taking flaxseed oil might improve attention, impulsiveness, restlessness, and self-control in children with ADHD.
• “Hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis). There is some evidence that increasing the amount of linolenic acid in the diet can help to prevent hardening of the arteries
• Breast cancer. Women who have higher levels of alpha-linolenic acid in their breast tissue seem to be less likely to get breast cancer.
• Heart disease. . People with existing heart disease who consume more alpha-linolenic acid in their diet seem to have a lower risk of dying from heart disease.
• Dry eyes. Some early research suggests that taking flaxseed oil might reduce irritation and symptoms of dry eyes.
There is inconsistent evidence about the effects of flaxseed oil for dry skin.
MRT Organic products are subject to critically stringent quality assurance. Our commitment to quality is the highest in our industry to ensure the best quality nutritional supplements money can buy. You have our guarantee!
Take one capsule twice daily, preferably with meals or may be taken as a tea by opening capsule into a cup, then adding hot water. Do not exceed stated dose.
Flax seed oil, Capsule Shell (Gelatine)
Organic Certification Status: Made with Organic Ingredients. NPOP, NOP AND EU Certification from Lacon, Germany
No Artificial Colours, Flavours or Sweeteners. No Preservatives. No added Sugar or Salt. No Starch, No Corn, No Milk, No Lactose, No Soya, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish, No Porcine.
Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any medications or under medical supervision, please consult a doctor or healthcare professional before use. Discontinue use and consult a doctor if adverse reactions occur. Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing.
Always read the label.
MRT gives the products which are grown under the stringent organic standards of NPOP, NOP and EU certification by LACON, Geramany