Oil Properties: Damask rose oil has a deep, rosy, fresh aroma, the color ranges from clear to a pale yellow or greenish tint.
Chemical Properties : The chemical composition of rose oil is one of the most complex and contains more than 300 known compounds, yet the main chemical components of rose oil can be listed as -citronellol, phenyl ethanol, geraniol, nerol, farnesol and stearpoten with traces of nonanol, linalool, nonanal, phenyl acetaldehyde, citral, carvone, citronellyl acetate, 2-phenylmenthyl acetate, methyl eugenol, eugenol and rose oxide.
Therapeutic Properties : The therapeutic properties of damask rose oil are antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, aphrodisiac, astringent, bactericidal, choleretic, cicatrisant, depurative, emmenagogue, haemostatic, hepatic, laxative, nervous system sedative, stomachic and a tonic for the heart, liver, stomach and uterus.
Precautions : Damask rose oil is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing but should not be used during pregnancy.
• rose oil soothes and harmonizes the mind and helps with depression, anger, grief, fear, nervous tension and stress and at the same time addresses sexuality, self-nurturing, self esteem and dealing with emotional problems.
• It is most helpful for poor circulation and heart problems, which would include heart palpitations, arrhythmia as well as high blood pressure and is also used to boost the liver and gall bladder.
• For the respiratory system Damask rose oil assists in cases of asthma, coughs and hay fever, and in the digestive system for liver congestion and nausea.
• Rose otto oil has a clearing, cleansing, regulating and purifying effect on the female sex organs and can be used for regulating and balancing hormones, irregular menstruation, functional infertility, leucorrhoea, menorrhagia, uterine bleeding and other uterine disorders, while having a general toning effect on the uterus.
• On the skin it is most effective for moisturizing and hydrating the skin, while having a general stimulant and antiseptic action, which is good for all skin types, but especially so for dry, mature and irritated skin. It is used to repair broken capillaries, inflammation as well as skin redness and is useful in eczema and herpes. Rose water can be used for conjunctivitis.
Damask rose oil gives a feeling of well-being and happiness, it helps a nervous mind, can be helpful for the respiratory tract, for digestive problems, for menstrual problems and in skin care.
• Burners and vaporizers
o In vapor therapy, rose oil can be helpful with allergies, asthma, baby blues, headaches, migraine, nervous tension and as a relaxant. It is particularly effective to fight depression, anger and grief, while dealing with emotional problems, sadness and loss.
• Blended massage oil or in the bath
o As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, rose oil can help with allergies, baby blues, asthma, hay fever, headaches, depression, migraine, nervous tension, depression, grief, stress, sadness and also to boost poor circulation, calming the heart, stimulating the liver and gall bladder and for general skin toning.
• Lotions and creams
o When rose oil is included in a cream or lotion, it stimulates the skin, while moisturizing and hydrating, boosting all skin types and being particularly beneficial to dry, mature and sensitive skin. It helps to reduce skin redness, fight inflammations, as well as fix broken capillaries on the skin and also acts as a general skin tonic with its astringent properties.
Blends well with
geranium, jasmine, clove and palmarosa.
Country of Origin : India/ Bulgaria
MRT gives the products which are grown under the stringent organic standards of NPOP, NOP and EU certification by LACON, Germany