It is a species of asparagus common throughout Nepal, Sri Lanka, India and theHimalayas. It grows one to two metres tall and prefers to take root in gravelly, rocky soils high up in piedmont plains, at 1,300–1,400 metres elevation. It was botanically described in 1799. Because of its multiple uses, the demand for Asparagus racemosus is constantly on the rise. Because of destructive harvesting, combined with habitat destruction, and deforestation, the plant is now considered “endangered” in its natural habitat
Shatavari works naturally without causing any side effects to the mother and the baby but also improves lactation, provides strength to the uterus and improves overall health of the mother. It is nature’s best nourishing herb and is full of natural anti-oxidants and micronutrients. Shatavari Capsules contain 500 mg standardized extract in vegetarian capsules without any preservatives or chemicals or raw herbs. It is purely an effective herbal supplement for improving overall health of females especially after childbirth and to improve breast milk production.
HISTORY AND FOLKLORE:
Shatavari is a climbing plant which grows in low jungles areas throughout India. This sweet and bitter herb is particularly balancing to Pitta Dosha.
In India, Shatavari is considered the women’s equivalent to Ashwagandha. The name translates to “she who possesses 100 husbands”, referring to the herbs rejuvanitive effect upon the female reproductive organs. In Australia the herb is more often used to treat gastrointestinal disorders and as an external wash for wounds.
The healing qualities of Shatavari are useful to a wide array of ailments. It is well known for it effects on the female reproductive system. It is also effective in a number of other systems of the body and is therefore of use to both men and women.
FLAVOUR AND ENERGETIES
Saponins, Isoflavone, 8-methoxy-5, 6, 4’-trihydroxyisoflavone 7-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside.
USES AND PREPARATION:
• It helps in healthy menstruation and helps in reducing the pain.
• It is also a support for menopausal women’s (whose menses are stop) symptoms such as hot flushes.
• It helps to enhance the fertility power.
• It is also helpful in old age people as it soothes the systemic dryness which is part of natural ageing process.
• It also helps in healthy production of shukra (semen) in males.
• It helps in calming the mind.
• It helps to enhance the breast milk in lactating mothers.
• A support for reproductive health as it tones and nourishes the female reproductive organs.
• Helps to relieve pains and controls blood loss during menstruation.
• Supports the production of breast milk for lactating mothers.
• A support for menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes.
• Supports the function of the immune and digestive system.
• Cooling in nature. Pacifies high pitta
Specific: Not for use in pregnancy except under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
General: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.