- Triphala literally means three medicinal fruits or say herbs, which are: Indian Gooseberry, BellericMyrobalan and ChebulicMyrobalan. Extract of these three amazing fruits are taken in a balanced quantity to make the Triphala mixture.
- This is what makes Triphala an amazing and one of the most preferred remedies in the whole world as all three of the aforementioned herbs are rich in numerous vitamins, minerals and also contain various other goodness. Many of the Ayurvedic scriptures have even compared Triphala with Ambrosia.
- Likewise other medicinal tablets, these are also manufactured in such a way that person gets the same effect as he gets by taking 1-2 tablespoon of Triphala powder or syrup. Each of the tablets contains the goodness 1 tablespoon of Triphala powder.
- Besides, unlike thepowder form, tablets don’t get liquefied in the oral cavity. Thus, they reach to their exact destination without stimulating the person to vomit.
HISTORY AND FOLKLORE
- Triphala is an herbal concoction that’s been used for thousands of years in Ayurveda. Traditionally used as a bowel tonic, it’s often prescribed as a mild laxative. But while its laxative qualities are most widely known, the other benefits of this herb are perhaps even more noteworthy.
FLAVOUR AND ENERGETIES
Triphala contains the following tastes: Sour, Pungent, Bitter, Astringent, Sweet
USES AND PREPARATION
Triphala is itself an amazing anti-oxidant, one of the most essential benefits of Triphala tablets is that they naturally detoxify the body and thus indirectly help a person in attaining longevity and good health.
- immune system stimulation
- improvement of digestion
- relief of constipation
- gastrointestinal tract cleansing
- relief of gas (carminative)
- treatment of diabetes
- treatment of eye disease
Specific: Not for use in pregnancy except under the supervision of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
General: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.